The client required design rationalisation of a heritage listed 1907 federation style house on a Sydney Harbour waterfront site. The aim was to confine extensions to the street side because of the need to retain the waterfront facade. The design strategy for the extension incorporated a pavilion connected to the original building by a courtyard and narrow gallery.
- Minimum intervention to existing building
- Original slate roof and water front facade unchanged
- High quality tallow-wood joinery throughout
- Reuse of existing sandstone
- A clear definition and separation of existing and new