SHALALA ON BAY
The firm won an invited competition by presenting a design approach that preserved an historic rock face and eliminated excavation for parking, with the objective of reducing construction time and utilising the existing slope of the rear lane for multi-level car access.
- 10 storey building, 28 apartments of which 3 are penthouses
- Commercial space over two levels addressing Bay Street
- Cafe/Restaurant addressing the rock face character
- 3 level parking podium with no ramping required
- Efficient building footprint with no costly basement parking